21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- An understanding of database concepts
- An understanding of XML concepts
- Java programming experience
Apache Jena is an open source Java framework for building Semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use Apache Jena to build and deploy a Semantic Web Application.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Jena
- Convert and store data in RDF format
- Query RDF data using SPARQL
- Test and deploy a semantic web application
- Data Engineers
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- The importance of Semantic Markup
Overview of Apache Jena Features and Architecture
Installing and Configuring Apache Jena
Overview of the RDF Format
Case Study: Live Semantic Web Applications
Creating a Semantic Web Application
Querying RDF Data with SPARQL
Persisting Data with the TBD Triple Store
Converting Existing Relational Data to RDF
Accessing RDF Data over HTTP using Fuseki
Enhancing RDF Data using the Ontology API
Testing and Deploying the Application
Summary and Conclusion
He was interactive.
Course:Semantic Web Overview