7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
- Basic knowledge of Domain Driven Design concept
The training is designed for both IT and business staff. The aim of the course is to provide a way to facilitate communication between departments in the software development process. Participants learn behavioral testing to make it possible to create more reliable software without the need for costly and advanced tools.
Common communication problems
- Reasons of communication problems
- Hermetic language
- The human factor - main problem in IT projects
- Need of unified language
- Customer requirements analysis
- Specifying business values
BDD - practice
- Introduction to behavioural testing
- "Black box" testing
- BDD versus TDD?
- BDD versus functional and unit testing
- Abstract level of BDD
- Gherkin syntax - idea of language for business and IT
- Structure of the stories: role, feature, benefit, context, event, outcome
- Writing good stories - business scenarios
- Story and Use Cases
- BDD libraries - Java/.NET/PHP support
- Behavioural testing of internet applications
- Using BDD with Selenium
- Simulating business case with BDD, creating sample system based on BDD
One-to-one session which gave me the option to focus on the area most revel ant to my need.
I liked the interactive and constant direct 1on1 communication with the trainer.
Danilo Uy - Texas Instruments Inc.
Examples of what BDD is based on