14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of PWA's
A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a website or web page that has the appearance and functionality of a mobile application. Progressive Web Apps can be loaded on all web and mobile platforms.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to create advanced Progressive Web App that perform exclusive functions related to push notifications and offline availability.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing an advanced Progressive Web App.
- Create push notifications that enable subscriptions.
- Cache with Service Worker to make a web application work offline.
- Create push notifications that prompt frequent visitors to install the application.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Native applications versus progressive applications
Overview of the Mobile Development Cycle
Web goes Native
- Backward compatibility
- Feature parity
Advanced Progressive Web Apps and Push Notifications
- Push API
- Notification API
Preparing the Development Environment
- Coding a todo list application
- Activating site domain to be SSL enabled
- Installing "Advanced Progressive web app" module
Configuring the Advanced Progressive Web App
- Creating preferences for the web application's push notifications
- Styling the push notifications for a consistent experience
- Adding the web application to the user's home screen
Using Service Worker for Offline Use
- Accessing cache API
- Customizing network requests depending on whether online or offline
Deploying the Application
- Running the application on a mobile emulator or mobile device
- Web application only works with the latest Web-push library version
Summary and Conclusion
Antonio gave is much background information, best practices and showed us useful tools to speed up our development process.
Course:Cross-platform mobile development with PhoneGap/Apache Cordova