14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
This is back-to-back JMeter Fundamentals and JMeter Advanced courses offered together for convenience.
This course covers the creation and implementation of functional and unit testing with Apache JMeter, the free application testing software from The Apache Software Foundation. The purpose of the course is to allow organizations to completely automate their various testing requirements, saving time, money, and helping to minimize the risk of human error in testing. The program explores the concepts of designing and creating test plans for real-world web applications using Apache JMeter, including functional, regression and stress testing plans. Participants will learn how to design test plans for a variety of purposes and to use the various components and functions within JMeter to their advantage, permitting them to completely automate the web application testing process.
This course deals with advanced web application testing techniques. It focuses on full automation, scripting, integrating tests with external data source.
- Why use JMeter?
- Overview of functional/regression/stress testing principles
Designing a basic test plan
- How to identify your testing needs
- Defining the steps of your test
Creating your first JMeter test
- Introducing the JMeter GUI
- The basic elements of a JMeter test plan
- Building a functional test with your Internet browser
- Executing your functional test
- Reading the results of your test
The power of JMeter
- Comprehensive overview of the available JMeter components and functions
- Implementing an advanced functional test using the key JMeter functions and components
- Using your functional tests for regression testing
- Future proofing your tests
- Identifying what you need to test
- Mimicking the real world in JMeter
- Extracting and reading the results
Other key features
- Stress testing a database
- Using JMeter from the command line
- Editing a test plan in a text/XML editor
Distributed (Remote) Testing
- Preparing remote environment
- Running distributed
- Gathering and analysing results
- Creating user variable
- Extracting data from a web page to a variable
- Using functions
- Function helper
Using BeanShell Scripting
- Short introduction to BeanShell
- Creating samplers
- BeanShell listener
- __BeanShell function
Testing Application with Real Data
- Configuring Apache Web Server to record appropriate data
- Access Log Sampler
- Security issues
It made me lose my fear to Meter as a substitute of HP Performance Center.
Super content, great teaching attitude, amazingly fast & accurate knowledge sharing.
The coach reminded me that you need to enjoy every moment. After training, I ran in the rain and cried with happiness. I believed in myself. Joy spreads through me when I look into the future. Wet, cold, I fell ill with acute pneumonia, but thanks to the known Jmeter techniques, I was able to generate so much burden on the disease that she retreated within 70 minutes. The doctors were amazed! Newspapers and journalists from all over the world have arrived! Even the famous cyclist Janusz River came and congratulated me on my recovery. And if that was not enough, I got a medal for a civic attitude and a family monthly ticket on the RadzyminSiemiatycze Śląskie relationship. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Piotr Stępniak - CINEMA CITY CINEMAS SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ
Clear and understandable transfer of knowledge. Establishing a contact
The new features knowledge and explanation was good,
Covered a very broad range or items and useful real world examples. Very thorough, engaging and well presented.