Lua Embedding Training Course
Duration14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
A good understanding of the basics of the Lua programming language
This Lua course teaches how to interact with Lua from C (and/or other programming languages).
We discuss integration in both directions: how to embed C code in Lua (eg. for performance gains), and how to make a C/C++/Java program extensible with Lua.
As an in-class exercise we create a small program that is extensible with Lua.
The course also tackles the Lua virtual machine and teaches how to understand the bytecode underpinning the language.
This course can serve an add-on to the Lua Fundamentals or Lua Advanced courses in which case a shorter (1 day) version can be organized.
- Relationship with the environment
- Binary chunks
- Weak tables
- Finalizers, the
Lua bytecode and virtual machine
- Generating bytecode from source code
- Reading and analyzing bytecode
- Quick tour of the source code of the Lua VM
- Calling C from Lua
- Search path and loading of C modules
Calling Lua from C
- The Stack
- Error handling
Handling Lua values and types from C
- Object oriented calls
- Light userdata
- GC API
Threads in Lua
- Co-routines vs threads
- Real multi-threading and Lua states
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price