Business Rule Approach with SBVR Training Course
14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
This course is designed for Business Analysts, Software Architects, Managers and System Developers who wants to write and implement Business Rules using OMG SBVR standard.
The Business Problem
- Traditional way of handing Business Analysis and rules
- Areas of Opportunity: Changing the Face of Business
Business Rule Concepts
- Organising Basic Knowledge: Terms and Facts
- Exercising Control: Rules
- Doing Work: Processes
Best Practices for Expressing Rules (SBVR)
- Expressing Rules: The Dos and Don'ts
- Developing Rule Statements
- Functional Categories of Rules (Rule Classification Scheme)
- Sentence Patterns for Rule Statements
- Using Decision Tables
Business Rule Approach: IT professionals
- A New View of Business Logic
- Fact Models: Structuring the Basic Business Knowledge
- The Theoretical Foundation of Facts: Predicates
- Higher-Order Rules: Pattern-R Rule Types
Process, Rules and Domain Specific Language Implementations
- Bottom up approach (extracting existing rules from systems)
- Top down approach
- DSL implementation (commonly examples based on Drools DSL)
- How Rules are invoked from processes (during the course we show examples using jBPM)
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
From £2200 (101)
Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|