7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
This course is also known as SCRUM awareness training.
Who should attend?
This course has been created for managers, executives and other decision makers who want to know how to calculate the benefits of implementing the methodology or want to understand what their team is doing.
It is also suitable for customers of software development wishing to have a stake holding in the development process.
Short Overview of Project Management Methodologies and Frameworks
- Comparison of iterative methodologies
- Why things go wrong
- The Agile approach
- What is Scrum?
- Pigs and chickens
- The customer representative
- Prioritizing product requirements
- Writing effective stories
- Acceptance criteria
- Negotiating sprint contents
- Group exercise to produce customer requirements and write stories based on the requirements
- Sprint backlog
- Sprint planning: what to do
- Sprint planning how to do it
- What happens during a sprint
- Burn down charts
- Group exercise to plan a sprint
- Implementing Scrum
- Ensuring proper practices
- Maintaining documentation
- Standup meetings
- When to pair program
- Group exercise to implement Scrum
Finishing a sprint
- Scrum review meeting
- Scrum retrospective meeting
- Releasing an iteration
- Group exercise the review a sprint
Is Agile and Scrum for you?
- Review of the Scrum process
- Comparison with other methodologies
- Benefits of pair programming
- Question and Answers Session
The trainer had tailored the focus to best suit the needs of the audience and continually analysed the delegate comments / questions adding in extra content to make the training as effective as it could be. From this there quickly developed a strong rapport between trainer and delegates which created a very engaging atmosphere (no easy feat considering the training was remote!) and willing participation in the interactive elements. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt a huge amount.
Benjamin Jenkins - KnowledgePool
Interactive, but not too much. Easy to follow and good despite being remotely accessed.
practical exercises, playing, building a backlog
EduBroker Sp. z o.o.