14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of systems modeling
- Programming experience is helpful but not necessary
- Industrial engineers and designers
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at mechanical engineers and designers wishing to learn how to use the Modelica modeling language to model industrial systems.
Modelica is a modeling language for complex systems involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, thermal, control, electric power or process-oriented subcomponents.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Choose from different open source platforms for developing Modelica models
- Understand different real-world usages and implementation details of Modelica
- Model real-world industrial systems involving electric and mechanical components
- Implement Modelica libraries and create their own classes
- Integrate their algorithms into existing systems and applications
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion
- Lots of exercises and practice
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment
Course Customization Options
- This training is based on various open source platforms for running Modelica (JModelica.org, Openmodelica, etc.).
- To request a specific implementation for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Modeling languages vs programming languages
Overview of Modelica Features and Design
Case Study: Modelica Implementations
Overview of Modelica Syntax
Using Connectors to Describe Physical Interactions
The Modelica Standard Library
Writing Modelica Equations
Compiling Classes into Objects
Working with the Simulation Engine
Working with Hierarchical Models
Integrating Modelica Algorithms with Other Systems
Summary and Conclusion