14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of project management concepts (workflows, etc.)
- Experience working in team projects
JIRA is a Java based web application that provides project and issue tracking for improving the agility of software development.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use Jira to implement a Kanban approach to Agile within their organization.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind Agile and Kanban
- Use Jira to create and manage a Kanban project
- Customize Jira to fit the needs of their organization
- Perform basic and advanced searches and analysis
- Generate and review reports
- Product managers
- Software developers
- Test engineers
- Business analysts
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice in a live-lab environment.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Agile vs Kanban vs Scrum
Jira Installation and Setup
Overview of Jira Features and Design
The Kanban Way
- Process, team work, customer engagement, waste, simulation
Creating a Kanban Project
Overview of the Kanban Board
Configuring a Workflow
- Backlog, Selected for Development, In Progress, Done
Adding Tasks, Bugs, and User Stories to the Backlog
Moving Work through Development, In Progress, and Done
Holding Team Meetings
Limiting Work In Progress using Column Constraints
Monitoring Team Progress with the Control Chart
Visualizing Team Progress using the Cumulative Flow Diagram
Carrying out Search and Analysis
Summary and Conclusion
He lecture presentation was very good, and easy for follow.
I enjoyed the comparisons between Agile and Waterfall methodologies. I liked completing the exercises. I liked the trainer methods of his accommodations and conducts with everyone on their problems.
I generally enjoyed the using Jira.