People and Team Management Training Course
This course is delivered in English.
Staff who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding People and Team Management for:
- Their colleagues (peers)
- Their bosses
- Their team members
- Their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the need to manage their own behaviour before they can influence others’ behaviour
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various communications media available
- Appreciate how to manage, motivate and develop their team members
- Manage their internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Explain how to deal with the difficult situations they may encounter in the office
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- How can we understand which parts of this behaviour is acceptable – is required by our role in the business – and which parts are not acceptable?
- Feedback: how do others see and relate to us?
- How do we communicate with others?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of the various communications media?
- What do we mean by Effective Communication and how do we achieve it?
- Our respective thinking and learning styles and how they can be applied to our day-to-day work
Management v Leadership
- What is Management? What is Leadership?
- What is the difference between Management and Leadership?
- Analysing Leadership Behaviour
- Analysing the difference Management Styles – and understand when to use them
- The importance of Communication – including:
- Verbal Communication
- Vocal Communication
- Visual Communication
- Emotions and their consequences
- The importance of understanding our “EQ” (as opposed to the more-standard IQ)
- The five stages of Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence model:
- Social Skills
- Why do we act / react in a certain way to colleagues and customers?
- How can we build rapport with colleagues and customers?
- What are the benefits of “True Rapport” in our inter-personal relationships?
Building a Successful Team
- What is a Team?
- The stages of Team Development
Goal and Objective Setting
- Goal Setting – for the company
- Objective Setting – for the staff
- Drafting and Aligning Objectives
- Performance Management
- People and the Service-Profit Chain
- Satisfying Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis: internal and external stakeholders
- What is Delegation?
- The Stages of Delegation
- What is Coaching?
- Using the G R O W model for effective coaching
- What causes conflict?
- The Phases of Conflict Handling
- Understanding the Conflict
- Understanding your / the other person’s position in the conflict
- Resolving the Conflict
- Kilmann’s Five Conflict-Handling Modes – and how to apply them:
- Bridging the Gap
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Base Classroom Price|
Too expensive? Suggest your price