Practical RADIUS and TACACS+ Training Course
A 2 day practical course that covers the theory of RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols. Network Policy Server (NPS) on Windows 2008 Server will be used to implement Connection Request and Network Policies to allow users access to network resources. A windows based TACACS+ server will be used to investigate the operation of this protocol to provide authentication, authorisation and accounting for users accessing network resources.
There is an option for an additional one day workshop to configure and test IEEE802.1x authentication using Windows 7 client as the supplicant, a Cisco switch as the authenticator and an NPS server to provide the authentication. Delegates will configure the Cisco switch and NPS server to use the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
Network Planners, Designers, and Engineers requiring an understanding of RADIUS and TACACS+ operation
Course is approximately 40% practical.
- Describe and explain RADIUS protocol.
- Describe and explain RADIUS messages and attributes.
- Describe and explain the differences between clients and users.
- Describe and explain the TACACS+ protocol.
- Compare the operation of RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Describe and explain operation of Network Policy Server (NPS) in Windows Server 2008.
- Describe and explain Connectiion Request and Network Policies.
- Use Windows Server 2008 logs to troubleshoot RADIUS operation.
- Use NTRADping test utility to test RADIUS operation.
- Describe and explain TACACS+ message format and operation.
- Configure Cisco switch/router as a RADIUS client and test operation.
- Explain and configure standard and vendor specific attributes on NPS Server.
- Configure Cisco switch/router as a TACACS+ client and test operation.
- Describe configure and test RADIUS and TACACS+ accounting.
- Describe and explain RADIUS Proxy operation.
- Configure and test RADIUS proxy and load balancing using NPS.
- Lab Exercise 1: Configure and test RADIUS.
- Lab Exercise 2: RADIUS Authentication/Authorisation.
- Lab Exercise 3: TACACS+ Authentication/Authorisation.
- Lab Exercise 4: RADIUS Accounting.
- Lab Exercise 5: TACACS+ Accounting.
- Lab Exercise 6: Proxy RADIUS
- Lab Exercise 7:Load Sharing RADIUS Requests
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price