Handling Conflict with Confidence Training Course
This course is delivered in English.
Staff who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding Conflict and how to deal with it with:
- Their colleagues
- Their bosses
- Their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand conflict and its effect on ourselves and others
- Define assertive and non-assertive behaviours
- Appreciate the need for self-management before managing others
- Develop capability in engaging conflict assertively
- Build confidence through demonstrations and practical simulations
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- How can we understand which parts of this behaviour is acceptable – is required by our role in the business – and which parts are not acceptable?
- How can we “adapt” behaviour to prevent the causes of conflict or to defuse conflict caused by others?
- What do we mean by Effective Communication in potential and actual conflict situations?
- Emotions and their consequences both in creating and in dealing with conflict
- The importance of understanding our “EQ” (as opposed to the more-standard IQ)
- The five stages of Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence model:
- Social Skills
- Why do we act / react in a certain way to colleagues and customers?
- How can we build rapport with colleagues and customers?
- What are the benefits of “True Rapport” in our inter-personal relationships?
Customer and Stakeholder Management
- Satisfying Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis: internal and external stakeholders
- Dealing with conflict in Customer and / or Stakeholder interactions
- Aggressive v Assertive v Submissive
- Benefits of Assertive Behaviour
- The Confrontational Model – Fierce Conversations
- The PRO Model: a template for planning and successfully undertaking Fierce Conversations
- What causes conflict?
- The Phases of Conflict Handling
- Understanding the Conflict
- Understanding your / the other person’s position in the conflict
- Resolving the Conflict
- Kilmann’s Five Conflict-Handling Modes – and how to apply them
- Bridging the Gap
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Base Classroom Price|
Too expensive? Suggest your price